first day
Hi everyone! I am at the school right now waiting for my first day of orientation to begin. I have already met the teacher that I will be replacing and a number of the other staff. The people here are really friendly, one of them has set me up with a phone, and also with the possibility of a better apartment (the one that I have right now is clean, but it's small and pretty much one room...no kitchen or anything, only a fridge).
Thailand is beautiful, but crowded and busy. On my way to school this morning, while I was riding a sung taw (I have no idea how to spell that, but basically it's the back of a pick up truck that has seats, you just hop on and they take you down the road for 5 baht) I saw two men lying, probably dead, in the middle of the street. It was quite horrifying actually, because everyone just kept on zooming right past. Word of caution: NEVER jaywalk in Bangkok, you will get hit by a car guaranteed! Coming from Winnipeg, I am constantly tempted to jaywalk, so I have to keep reminding myself to take the walkways that are over all of the streets.
I don't have much time right now, but it looks like I will have good internet access at school, so I'll write again soon!
Take care!


1 Comments:
Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»
Post a Comment
<< Home