Jill in Thailand

Monday, October 09, 2006

Chatachuck

I spent way too much money this past weekend, but I can make myself feel much better by converting it to Canadian dollars! We went to Chatachuck market on Saturday, which is a massive massive market. It was actually featured in the Winnipeg Free Press about a month ago, it is world famous for being really big, really good and really cheap. We were there for about 6 hours and only saw a small part of the market. We got there around 9 am, which was good because by around noon you can barely move because the walkways are so narrow and there are SO many people! This is a picture of the skytrain stop by the market that I took because you couldn't even see the steps, there were just constantly people flowing in every direction. The funny thing is that I don't even feel clausterphobic or strange in large groups of people anymore, I am definitely getting used to the noise, the smells and the feel of large groups of people.
On a completely different note, foot and mouth is still around at the school. We were under the impression that it was all under control so this morning, when we had assembly time with the kindergarten kids, we took them into the ball room to play (which is the best thing EVER to have in a school! I spent my whole time whipping plastic balls at the kids heads, they loved it and it is a great stress relief, being able to throw balls at the kids who drive you crazy during class.) Anyway, we had a great time in the ball room with the kids. When we got back to the staff room, though, someone came up to us and said, "We just wanted to let you know that the ball room and the swimming pool are off limits for the kindergarten classes because of foot and mouth disease." My friend and I just looked at each other, because we had just spent half an hour rubbing our bare feet in this disease ridden room. So now I am positive that I have foot and mouth. We rubbed hand sanitizer all over ourselves, but who knows if that will help. I'm sure we'll be fine, but it would have been nice to know that the room was closed BEFORE we went in!

Hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving weekend! We went out for a big buffet dinner last night to have our own pseudo Thanksgiving dinner, it was pretty good!

1 Comments:

At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jill!!

I'm sure you don't have foot and mouth disease...at least I hope not. Hope you have a great thanksgiving

Love newf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home