coup d'etat
hey guys, apparently there is some crazy stuff happening downtown. I live in the subburbs, so I can't really notice anything going on, but I can hear the "patriotic music" faintly playing, which is really creepy, since all you usually hear is traffic. Ilda called me at 3 am and told me to call home and tell them that I was alright because apparently telecommunication is going to be shut down at 4 am. I guess there are tanks rolling around downtown and the military has taken over while the Prime Minister is out of the country. Ilda said that schools and businesses are shut down tomorrow, but we don't really know. I don't have a TV or radio, so it's hard to know what's going on, but I did get internet so I was able to check the CBC and Bangkok Post websites...you will actually probably know more about what's going on than I will in the next while, since apparently the military has taken over the television stations. Ilda said that CNN and BBC were still reporting, and my friends in the building have a TV, so hopefully we can watch that tomorrow. Anyway, I am safe and fine right now, I'll update when I can!


1 Comments:
I am nervous Jill! Love you, Sarah
Post a Comment
<< Home