it's Christmas?? Really??
so there was no typhoon last weekend, of course. It has hot and sunny for the first two days, and kind of rainy and drizzly for the last day, but not a typhoon in sight! We were quite happy.
It is really strange to think that it is almost Christmas, where is all the snow? There are Christmas decorations up at the malls and store, they've been up since November, and I'm doing Christmas activities with my kids (and teaching them what Christmas even is...only one out of my fifty kids recognised Santa, one out of fifty! It's a Buddhist country, but I thought they might know Santa!).
Anyway, tonight we're going to this big buffet that has British food...the closest we'll get to a Christmas type dinner around here. Maybe we'll find something on Christmas day, but I'm not holding my breath. I was wrapping presents today, though, that I will send home with my parents, so that made it feel a little bit Christmasy.
Speaking of no snow...we even tried to buy that spray snow that you can buy to spray on our classroom windows. It is shaving cream...it says that it's spray on snow, but it's shaving cream...and it is pink and purple, not really the colour of snow! Seriously, you spray it on something and get this big lump of foam that then proceeds to slowly shrink and then disapear into nothing, it's really weird.
Some people from my school are going to a snow dome on Christmas day. It's a huge dome where you can go tobogganing and play in the snow. My parents are going to be here, and I'm pretty sure that the absolute last thing that they will want to do here is play in snow, but I kind of want to go sometime before I leave, I think it would be fun.
Hope you're all having fun in your real snow!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home