Jill in Thailand

Friday, December 08, 2006

typhoon?

Right now, I am emailing from the swankiest economy-class airport lounge ever. I am on the internet for free as I am drinking my free juice and eating my free snacks. It is awesome. Today has been sort of a strange day. We were all set to go to Ko Samui, and Ilda called me just as we were leaving for the airport to say that they were not coming with us anymore because they heard that there was a TYPHOON in Ko Samui! We didn't know what to do, because we had already paid for our hotel and flight, so we got a Thai staff at the school to call our hotel in Ko Samui to ask about the weather. She also called a weather service for the area, and both said that the weather was fine, some thundershowers, but that the typhoon had left Thailand. So now we don't really know what to expect, we're crossing our fingers for good weather, but we may end up spending an expensive weekend inside of a not so expensive hotel. Oh well, I'm sure we'll have fun no matter what we're doing...but we'd have a whole lot more fun if we were on a beach! Wish us good weather luck! Hey, at least it's not tsunami warnings...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home