so THIS is rain!

First of all, we went to West Side Story the other night, which was really good, but it was absolutely POURING the whole time! We got into the theatre and we were completely soaked, and then had to sit in air conditioning for 2 hours! It was cold, but the musical was fun. I took a picture of the streets, it was just crazy, no wonder the city shuts down when it rains!
Today is the last day, for me, of October camp. Since the first half is over, they are having a performance and showcase of what the kids have done so far. It has been completely stressful and I have probably spent more time preparing for this showcase than planning for the entire two weeks of camp! My kids have to to do a show, which is going to be completely chaotic seeing as they are three years old,
so they are singing "Heigh Ho" and wearing dwarf beards, which they made. Our theme was Fairy Tales, so they are going to march around and be the seven dwarfs. They will be really cute, but it is going to be a gong show up there, they have no idea what they are doing, even though we have been practicing every day! At least the performance is happening right in the morning, so we get it over with, then the parents come and look at everything that we have done, and then we can just watch a movie for the afternoon.We leave for Malaysia tonight, Friday the 13th, best day to have a performance and meet your students' parents and fly to another country, but hopefully it will bring us good luck rather than bad! We start in Kuala Lumpur, then up to the Perhentian islands, then to Kuching (Sabah) and then to Kota Kinabalu (Sarawak, also known as Borneo). It should be busy, but hopefully a really good time! We are there for just over two weeks, and will return to Thailand on October 29. I will take lots of pictures and put them all up when I get back. I'm not sure how much internet I will have, seeing as we are spending time in some islands and rain forests. My phone also doesn't work in Malaysia, so if you need to contact me, email and I will try to check when I can.
Have a good two weeks!


2 Comments:
That kid's glasses are AWESOME!
i don't even remember what rain feels like. so sad.
Post a Comment
<< Home