Jill in Thailand

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

the everyday hilarity that is Thailand

Two posts in two days, I'm doing pretty well. I have sold my refrigerator and other random things in my apartment to one of the Thai teachers that I work with. It's actually a perfect deal for both sides because I get to sell some of my stuff, and they get to buy good used stuff at a really cheap price. Yesterday she came over to pick up the refrigerator and other stuff. I had asked her how she was going to move the fridge, but she said that her friend had a vehicle that she could use. So we went upstairs to get the fridge and when we came back down there was a vehicle but it was.....a tuktuk! I have included a picture of a tuktuk for those of you who don't know what it is. It is a three-wheeled vehicle about half the size of a car. As you can see in the picture, there is a very small metal ledge at the back of the tuktuk, which is where they put the fridge. Then they used bungy cords to secure it to the back of the tuktuk. I actually thought that they whole thing was going to fall backwards, but the tuktuk seemed to hold its own. Then they loaded everything else into the tuktuk, which included a large laundry rack, some garbage cans, a fan, and other miscellaneous items, along with three people, into the back of the tuktuk. I was tempted to ask them to wait while I ran upstairs for my camera because they seemed to be actually defying the laws of physics. These are the things that I am going to miss about Thailand, you never really know what you are going to see on an average day. Maybe I can move all of my furniture with only my bike in May...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home