Jill in Thailand

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Christmas all year round

For those of you that know me well, you know that I LOVE Christmas oranges. I could probably eat an entire box by myself if I wanted to. The oranges that we refer to as "Christmas oranges" back at home, are the oranges that people here eat all year round. It is amazing, I know that I have talked about the fruit already, but I just can't get over it. There are people all over just standing by the side of the road, selling random fruit for 10 baht--pineapple, grapefruit, oranges, etc.

These are exactly the people that the health lady warned me about when I went to get my shots. Well, actually, she told me that I really shouldn't eat fruit here at all because there could be bacteria on the peels, which will get on my hands when I peel them, and then I will eat the bacteria and will get horribly sick. I have decided to completely ignore that advice, as has every other Canadian here, because we all eat fruit all the time and, guess what, I haven't heard of anybody getting really sick from eating fruit. I think that the health people just have to tell us that stuff so that they are covered and can say that they warned us about everything.

On a completely different note, I know that I said that I would post pictures of my kids, but the battery on my computer died as I was trying to do it, and I haven't found a good place to plug my computer in at work yet, so I will hopefully bring my computer again tomorrow to upload those photos. I could probably put them on a disk and then upload them on the school computers, but that is just too much work, and this way I can take pictures of the kids from both of my classes (so far I have just taken pictures of one class). Oh, and I can take a picture of the kid who reminds me of Jeff (my brother in law for those of you who don't know)! There is a kid in one of my classes who reminds me so much of Jeff, I will put a picture of him on here so that you can see (he kind of looks like that German soccer player too...right Jeff?)

Alright, off to class I go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home