There has not been much excitement here over the past while, mainly I've just been working and not doing much in the evenings. This weekend we're going to Hua Hin, a beach that's about 2-3 hours away from Bangkok (depending on the traffic, which can add at least an hour to travel time if you get caught). A lot of people from our school, and from Ilda and Louis' school, are going. Apparently there is a golf special on right now, which is why a lot of the guys are going, but I'm just going to sit on the beach, my favourite thing to do here. Also, there is a place at Hua Hin called monkey mountain which is a monastery where monks live and keep tons of monkeys. You can go up there and feed the monkeys, play with them, and take pictures. My friend went there last week, though, and got bit on the finger by one of the monkeys! She had a banana, and was offering it to the monkey, and it took the whole thing in one bite, and bit her finger in the process. Right after it happened, a Thai person came up to her and said, "oh, be very careful. Big monkey, always hungry." So now I know to stay away from the big monkey.
I have also realised how much my body has gotten used to this temperature. It has felt relatively cool here for the past while, and I checked the temperature this morning, and our "cool" climate is actually 30 degrees...and I don't think that even includes the 60-70% humidity! I don't know how I'll ever do winter again!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home