My address
I just wanted to let you all know that I added my address and phone number to my profile, so click on "my complete profile" and they are there. It's actually the school address because I don't know my apartment address. Also, I haven't seen mailboxes at my apartment, or anywhere actually, so I don't really know how people get mail...I guess it just appears. At school they deliver our mail right to our desks...it can't get much more convenient than that!
I got to go again last night to see the apartment that I will be moving into at the end of the month. Seeing it a second time made me even more excited to move. I also convinced my friend, who came to see another apartment in the same building, that he should move there, so that makes it even better. Although this building is a bit farther from school, it is much nicer, and it is also closer to downtown and all of the major bus routes in the city.
One random fact that I learned today about Thai is that they do not have a past tense in their language. It's really interesting to know that and to hear them trying to learn English, because it makes so much sense! Think about how hard it is to learn another language, and then think of how you wouldn't even be able to translate it into your own because that tense doesn't exist. I can't even imagine...I've tried learning some Thai, and it is hard...I don't think I'll get very far! I thought that was really interesting, so I thought I'd share.
Hope you're all well over there in Canada!


1 Comments:
maybe you'll get some random people calling you in thailand! if that happens, it would be hilarious. let us know, ok?
Post a Comment
<< Home