food poisoning
So I projectile vomited during one of my classes yesterday. I had eaten in the cafeteria earlier that day, and I wasn't feeling great, but I didn't think that I was too sick...apparently I was. I was explaining to the kids what they had to do, and all of a sudden I got really sick. Luckily, since I am teaching kindergarten, there is a bathroom right in the classroom, so I just ran in there. I don't know what I would have done if there hadn't been a bathroom, I probably would have ended up puking in the classroom. It was horrible. Luckily I have fabulous Thai teachers in the room with me, so one of them who speaks pretty good English finished explaining to the kids what they needed to do, and she told them that they had to take their time doing it (so that I had time to recover). After I threw up (many times), I came back out and finished the last twenty minutes of class (I actually was feeling better). All of my kids were so cute, I'm pretty sure that they were asking me if I was alright (in Thai) and they were all stroking my arm and giving me hugs and kisses. I was supposed to teach two homework classes right after that (bascially I supervise the class for half an hour and help them with their English homework), but I told my boss that I had to leave because I was feeling too sick. I went home and slept from 3:30 pm until 6:45 this morning (waking up only to throw up and answer my door). I didn't think that I would be able to come to work this morning, but I was actually feeling alright. Now I am at school, and I am feeling alright, but still not great. Tonight I am probably just going to sleep some more and maybe unpack my apartment a bit, it is completely chaotic right now because I was going to unpack and clean last night but, obviously, that didn't happen.
Other than that, things are good! I'm in my new apartment and we are going to Kanchanabri this weekend (well, we'll see how I'm feeling...) to ride elephants, pet Tigers, go on a river raft and have oil massages. Hope all is well in Canada!


2 Comments:
feel better, jilly! i can't believe you kept teaching! you're a trooper.
have a great weekend. i'm very very jealous of the massages.
I bet you it's all that extra Fish sauce you've been sneaking between meals!
Post a Comment
<< Home