if you love your child, beat him
Some old Thai proverbs for you:
"If you love your cow, tie it up. If you love your child, beat him." (supposed to be spare the rod, spoil the child)
"See an elephant shit and you want to shit like him. (Try to imitate rich people, keeping up with the Joneses)"
These are two proverbs/sayings/slogans/etc. that are being taught to the grade nines in their Thai class. I am going to get the pictures that the grade nines drew to go along with the proverbs scanned so that you can actually see them. We all laughed really hard when we saw these in the staff room because the pictures are really graphic (a person taking a shit right beside an elephant)..and they are being done by grade nines!
The one with the child had a parent smiling and sweating and holding a stick beside his crying child.
I know I already posted something today, but this was really funny and I didn't want to forget about it.
This is actually the funniest thing that I have seen in Thailand so far. I said that to a teacher who has been here for a year, and she just laughed and said, "oh you're going to have such a good time here." Apparently I've seen nothing yet...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home