mother's day
So it is mother's day here this weekend (happy mother's day mom!). Mother's day and father's day here are not fixed dates, but rather based on the birthdays of the kind and queen (so they have basically been fixed dates for the past sixty years...we have the king with the longest living reign right now...his sixtieth anniversary was celebrated just before I came). Anyway, there was a mother's day ceremony this morning in the gym. It is crazy going to ceremonies and things like that here, because everything is in Thai and we never have any idea what is going on. This school is definitely not for people who need to know what is going on all the time. This morning, for example, they told us that the ceremony was going to be from 8:10-9:30...turns out that the ceremony only went until 8:30, so none of us had anything planned for that hour of class. In Kindergarten that's now a huge problem, I just sang some more songs with them, read some stories, played some number/colour/shapes games...for older levels it was a bit more of a problem, but everyone here is so laid back, it doesn't really matter.
We're going to Koh Chang this weekend to hang out and relax on the beach. It's a long weekend (for mother's day), so we can go to a beach a little bit farther away. A bunch of people from our school are going, as well as Ilda and Louis and some people from their school, so there will probably be about 15-20 of us going, which should be a good time.
I'm trying to upload some more photos right now, so hopefully those will be up soon!
Have a good weekend!


2 Comments:
Hello Jill!
Gillian here - i have tried to send you some e-mails..have you been receiving them?
I haven't been getting your emails Gillian, but I got your package!!!! It was my very first one here, I was quite excited!
Post a Comment
<< Home