back to normal
So my parents left for Canada this morning. At 5:00 this morning to be exact. I actually feel kind of bad because I was half sleeping when they left, so I don't feel as though I said a very good good-bye, but I will see them again in a few months. It was really good to have them here, it was a little tough sharing my tiny apartment with two other people, but it was nice to be able to show someone where I live and what I have been doing for the past 6 months. They actually did quite a bit of travelling while they were here and went both down South to the islands and up North to the mountains. I had a few days off during New Years, so I was able to go down South with them, but this country doesn't celebrate Christmas, so we didn't get nearly as many days off during the holidays as Canadian teachers do, which was too bad.
So things are kind of back to normal now. December was crazy with work, visitors and travelling, but January will be quite low-key. We are basically finished teaching, which is crazy, but nice! We have open house, where the parents all come into the classroom and watch us teach, then at the end of February we have year-end concert, which is apparently like Oscar night here and is expected to be fabulous and flawless, so we will basically be practicing all February. Then we have exams, camp, holidays, camp, more holidays and then clean-up/prep for the following year.
Things have also gone back to normal, or so we assume, in terms of the bombings. I have noticed heightened security, though, at places like the mall near our place. Usually there is one security guard at the mall, and he basically just directs traffic. Now there are four security guards and they are searching cars, pulling things out of trunks, checking glove compartments, etc. It's kind of scary, but also nice because at least you know that they're doing something.
Alright, back to work. Hope everyone is doing well!


1 Comments:
you are one lucky duck! i hope you have a great month and a great finish to your year in thailand!
enjoy it!
Sarah
Post a Comment
<< Home